At The Young Firm, our personal injury, maritime, and admiralty attorneys are dedicated to providing superior legal counsel to clients injured as a result of another party’s reckless, careless, or negligent conduct. We meticulously prepare each case and are committed to protecting the rights of the catastrophically injured. For more than 40 years, our attorneys have been exclusively engaged in the practice of personal injury and maritime / admiralty law.
About Our Firm:
Our personal injury lawyers provide aggressive legal representation to victims with the following types of cases:
- Catastrophic Personal Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Back & Spinal Cord Injury
- Burn Injury
- Arm & Shoulder Injuries
- Foot & Leg Injuries
- Workplace Accidents
- Workers’ Compensation
- Wrongful Death
- Maritime & Admiralty Claims
- Jones Act Claims (Seaman’s Claims)
- Wrongful Death Claims through Death on the High Seas Act (DOSHA)
- Maintenance and Cure Claims
- Unseaworthiness Claims
- Negligence Claims
- Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA) Claims
- 905(b) Claims
- Barge Accidents
- Chemical Exposure Accidents
- Crane Accidents
- Diving Accidents
- Offshore / Nearshore Accidents
- Platform / Oil Rig Injuries
- Vessel & Ship Fires
Our attorneys charge a 40% fee at the end of your case unless we do not reach a settlement. If your case does not settle, you do not owe us anything. Consultations with prospective clients are always free of charge.
The trial lawyers of The Young Firm offer professional, trustworthy legal representation to each and every one of our clients. We adhere to the highest standards of professional integrity in preparing and presenting each case we handle, and we invest all of our resources and effort into ensuring that the rights of our clients are protected and properly asserted.
From our New Orleans, Louisiana office, our personal injury, maritime, and admiralty attorneys strive to provide an unparalleled level of individual attention. We make a great effort to ensure that our clients are fully informed. Through our commitment, experience, and innovation, The Young Firm works to help victims obtain fair compensation for their injuries.
The Young Firm Becomes a 100% Maritime Law Firm
As of January 2013, The Young Firm has decided to focus the practice on only serious maritime and offshore injury claims.
Over the last 20 years, The Young Firm has handled a variety of cases: serious injury claims of maritime workers as well as medical negligence victims, automobile accident victims, slip and fall victims, and other non-maritime related clients. However, more than 80% of the practice has been comprised of maritime and offshore claims and so the transition to a 100% maritime and offshore only practice will be a relatively seamless one.
The firm has decided to concentrate on maritime cases to:
- Better meet client needs. The firm’s offshore clients have often said that they were looking for a firm that is laser-focused on maritime claims. Maritime cases are very specialized and complex, and so injured maritime and offshore workers should have a firm available to them that does nothing but represent them.
- Portray belief that law firms should practice as few areas of law as possible. Many Louisiana lawyers will readily accept a maritime or Jones Act case regardless of their knowledge and experience with such. The Young Firm fundamentally believes that a law firm should focus on as few areas of law as possible. Before, this belief was embodied by the firm’s focus on maritime claims, medical malpractice claims, and serious automobile claims. Now, however, this belief is further strengthened with the transition to a maritime-only practice. Accepting other types of cases, regardless of how serious and significant they are, simply dilutes a law firm’s practice and confuses and discourages its clients.
- Increase focus on specific problems. When seeking assistance with a difficult (and often touchy) situation, individuals want someone who knows the ins and outs of their circumstance and focuses on solving only those types of problems day in and day out. People want someone who intuitively understands what they need, how to fix it, and the best way to do so.
- Increase efficiency. By directing the firm’s resources to handling only maritime cases, the firm hopes to further improve efficiency and provide a better service to clients.
- Display commitment to those in the offshore industry. The maritime industry is one rife with hazards and injustices, and often conditions aboard vessels and rigs are made worse by the drive to produce more with less. Add to those already dangerous environments the threat of piracy, turbulent waters, and lack of accountability, and tragedies like the Black Elk Energy explosion (and others less publicized) become commonplace. The individuals in the maritime industry are often ignored by the media and other public officials, and average Americans know little of the unfair troubles that plague this particular community. Though others may not be aware of these troubles, The Young Firm is and commits to fighting these injustices by enforcing the legal obligations that offshore companies have to their employees.
Do I Have a Case?
If you or a member of your family has suffered a serious personal injury as the result of another individual’s (or organization’s) reckless, careless, or negligent conduct, you may be a candidate to file a personal injury or maritime / admiralty claim.
Contact The Young Firm’s New Orleans, Louisiana office to schedule a consultation with our personal injury, maritime, and admiralty attorneys. Having recovered millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements on behalf of past Gulf Coast-area clients, we are confident our personal injury, maritime, and admiralty attorneys can help you obtain compensation for medical bills, rehabilitation costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering.